• How do I contact the Property Manager?
    You may contact Rita Fernandez at 713-791-0334 or email her at rfernandez@onemontrealplace.com. The open office hours are Tuesdays from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and Thursdays from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you need to make a special appointment, please contact Rita.
  • How can I get a copy of the Association documents?
    You can obtain a copy from the One Montreal Place website.
  • Who determines my assessment fee?
    The assessments vary per the size of the units. Every year the Board reviews the budget and determines if an increase is needed.
  • What does the Association insurance cover?
    The Association insurance only covers (from the walls out) the exterior of the building. Owners are responsible for having insurance coverage from the walls in. Owners should also carry coverage for upgrades and loss of assessments. Tenants must carry renters insurance.
  • Should I report my neighbors if they are breaking the rules and regulations?
    Yes, the Association needs residents to do their part and report their neighbors if they are not complying with the rules in order to maintain a nice community to live in. The Association will not release any information.
  • Do I have to provide my tenant’s information to anyone?
    Yes, each owner is responsible for updating the Property Manager with a copy of the lease and contact numbers for their tenants. Owners are responsible for screening their tenants and providing their tenants with a copy of the Rules and Regulations.
  • If there is a special or insurance assessment, am I responsible for paying for it even though nothing is done to my unit?
    Yes, when purchasing a condominium each unit owns a percentage of the entire property and the Association Documents state that every owner is responsible for those fees.
  • How many pets can I have?
    Each unit can have up to two (2) pets. Pets must be on a leash in the common area. Pet owners are responsible for picking up after their pets.
  • Can I leave a pet in the patio/balcony area?
    You must be home at the time that your pet is in the patio. If you are not home your pet CANNOT be left on the patio.
  • What items are allowed on my patio/balcony?
    The only items allowed on patios/balconies are patio furniture and potted plants. Not for use of storing items. Pets cannot be left in patio/balcony areas unattended at any time. No clothesline or drying of clothes allowed at any time.
  • When and where are the Board Meetings held?
    The meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month. Please contact the Property Manager to be placed on the Agenda. (March-Annual Meeting on the second Thursday at 6:30 p.m.; No meeting in August or December). All meetings are held in the One Montreal Place clubhouse.
  • Where can I store my bicycle?

    • Inside your unit
    • Locked in your personal patio
    • Locked to a bicycle rack. Any bicycles chained to the staircases or placed in other common areas will be removed.
  • How can I get the water turned off in order to make repairs inside my unit?
    You can call or email the Property Manager. There can only be two (2) scheduled water shut offs a month. Water shut offs can be scheduled for the first Tuesday of each month or that last Thursday. Water shut off requests must be made at least 48 hours prior to the date of the repair. Emergency shut offs do not require a notice. We strongly recommend that you do not wait until it’s too late! Please start replacing your old plumbing fixtures to avoid costly repairs in the future.
  • How can I help deter crime?
    An inexpensive recommendation is that you leave your porch light on at night (the cost is less than $1.50 a month). You may also have an alarm system installed.
  • Do I need approval to install a satellite dish, new doors, etc.?
    Yes, any changes to the exterior of your unit must be approved by the Board prior to making any changes. You must fill out an ACC application and wait for Board approval.
  • What can be discarded in the dumpsters?
    Only household trash can be discarded in the dumpsters. Items like furniture, appliances, and or carpet must be hauled off to another location.
  • Where can I find replacement screen doors rollers?
    Rollers can be purchased at Dawson’s Supply located at 5807 Star Lane, Houston, TX 77057-7115 and the contact number is (713) 953-0129.
  • Is there an area where children can play?
    Yes, the Association has secluded an area by buildings 3000, 3100, & 3200. We ask that all residents comply with the Kids Play Area Rules.
  • Who is responsible for treating my unit for pest control?
    The Association is only responsible for treating for termites. Owners are responsible for treating the interior of their units.
  • Who is responsible for cleaning my dryer vent and how often?
    Owners are responsible for cleaning out their dryer vents. We recommend that the vents are cleaned out after each use to reduce the risk of a fire and also to increase the lifetime of a dryer.
  • Who is responsible for cleaning and maintaining my chimney?
    Owners are responsible for cleaning and repairing the inside of their chimneys. You can purchase a special log that cleans the inside of the chimney as it burns. You can find these special logs at Home Depot, Walmart, Lowes, and Target.
  • Who is responsible for the replacement of my doors and windows?
    Owners are responsible for the replacement or repairs to doors and windows. Please contact the Property Manager to schedule the painting of your new door.
  • Who is responsible for foundation repairs?
    The Association is responsible for any foundation work needed inside the units. The association is also responsible for making the necessary sheetrock repairs after the building settles. It may take a couple of months before final repairs are made, due to settling.
  • Who is responsible for repairs after a water leak?

    • If it is a main line that causes the leak, the association is responsible for repairing the water leak, extracting water if needed, and replacing any damaged sheetrock if notified in a timely manner.
    • If the water leak is caused by a plumbing fixture in someone’s unit, the owner of that unit is responsible for all damages caused. The Association as a courtesy intervenes (if the owner is not available) and stops the water leak and will send a contractor out to extract water. All expenses incurred by the Association will be billed back the unit in which the leak originated.
  • Can I plant anything in the common area?
    No, no items can be planted or placed in the common areas without prior consent from the Board of Directors. Once consent is given, please schedule a work order with the Property Manager to have them planted by the maintenance staff.
  • Who is responsible for maintaining the landscaping in my patio?
    Owners are responsible for trimming the bushes and or trees inside their patio. Trees/bushes cannot touch any part of the building and cannot cover the balcony above.